- The client will be deemed to have accepted Cannie Canines’ terms and conditions (as laid out here) upon booking a service.
- Cannie Canines will only confirm a booking for walks, daycare and home boarding once an initial (free) consultation with the client has occurred.
- The client agrees to inform Cannie Canines of any behavioural / medical issues, quirks or dislikes the pet has or later develops.
- Cannie Canines reserves the right to refuse a service.
- Cannie Canines will deliver the services requested in a reliable, trustworthy and caring manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Cannie Canines, its employees or assigns, except those arising from negligence of the dog walker.
- The client will arrange for access / provide keys to the home as appropriate.
- If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment charges will be applied for each trip (45p per mile, minimum charge £5 per trip).
- Cannie Canines will store keys safely, without reference to the address and will return them upon demand.
- The client will provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence. Should pets require any additional items whilst in the care of Cannie Canines, these will be purchased and added to the bill along with a £3 delivery charge.
- The client agrees to reimburse Cannie Canines for any additional fees for providing emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for unexpected visits, transportation, housing, food or supplies.
- The client will ensure their dog has an identity tag that adheres to The Control of Dogs Order 1992 (the tag must show the owner’s name and address, including postcode).
- If we deem it necessary, dogs may also wear a Cannie Canines collar or identity tag whilst in the care of Cannie Canines.
- Cannie Canines will not be responsible for any incident that occurs as a result of a dog escaping because of faulty or ill fitting equipment provided by the owner.
- The client agrees to ensure their dog is up to date with all vaccinations, worm and flea treatments.
- Proof must be provided that home boarding and day care dogs have current vaccinations against Canine Distemper, Infectious Canine Hepatitis (Canine adenovirus), Leptospirosis (L.canicola and L.icterohaemorrhagiae) and Canine Parvovirus and other relevant diseases.
- Cannie Canines will walk all dogs on the lead unless the owner has given his or her written consent to off-lead walking.
- Bitches in season will be eligible for solo walks on the lead only.
- Walks will be booked on a half-hourly basis. Dogs will always receive their full allocation of walk time (outside of collection and drop off time). However, Cannie Canines reserves the right to cut short any walk due to unforeseen circumstances or extreme weather conditions if the safety of the dog or walker is at risk. Clients will be informed in the event of a walk being terminated early.
- Clients must provide a towel for drying dogs after the walk so that the dog walker can leave the dog clean and dry. Clients are responsible for restricting their dog’s access within their house particularly when it is likely the dog could be dirty and wet. Cannie Canines cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by the dog in its own household.
- Cannie Canines accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to the home during the period services are being delivered.
- It is expressly understood that Cannie Canines shall not be held responsible for any damage to client’s property, or that of others, caused by client’s pets during the period in which they are in its care.
- Cannie Canines will treat the pet’s health with the utmost respect. In the unlikely event of an emergency we will take prompt action to ensure the safety of the client’s animal and will seek veterinary guidance as appropriate.
- The client authorises Cannie Canines to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with their pet. Every effort will be made to contact the client prior to obtaining emergency care. The client authorises Cannie Canines to utilise an alternative veterinarian should this be necessary.
- The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Cannie Canines.
- Any owner wishing to accompany Cannie Canines whilst an animal is being transported accepts that they do so at their own risk and that Cannie Canines does not accept any liability for any accident, injury or delay incurred during transportation.
- Cannie Canines reserves the right to terminate a service at any time, with immediate effect, at its sole discretion. In the unlikely event that this occurs, a full refund would be provided for the cancelled days of home boarding service.
- Charges are in accordance with the price list on our Cannie Canines website, and the quote provided at the time of booking. We aim to inform our clients of any price changes, however we reserve the right to alter our charges without notification.
- Cannie Canines is insured through Petplan Sanctuary. Wherever possible pets should be insured by the client.
- Cannie Canines will care for the animal as the client would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure the client’s pet is well looked after in his or her absence, Cannie Canines cannot be held responsible for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
- The client agrees to notify Cannie Canines of any concerns / complaints within 24 hours of any appointments.
Clients must give a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel any appointments or the full amount will be due.
For home boarding a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the client’s booking. Should the dog’s stay be cancelled less than 10 days prior to admission, full payment will be due.
- All bookings will be paid in advance or on the day the service is delivered unless an acceptable arrangement has been agreed.
- Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice (generally sent by email). If payment is not made within this time 10% of the invoice total will be added to the bill. A further 10% will be added every 7 days the invoice is overdue thereafter.
- Payments may be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer (details are provided on the invoice).
- If a booking has been paid and is subsequently cancelled Cannie Canines will refund the full amount unless the cancellation criterion is applicable (see cancellation policy above).
- For pet boarding, a 50% non-refundable deposit is due to confirm the booking. This will then be deducted from the final fee.